Safe. Simple. Reliable. Experience the strength of MyBus®.
Since 1936, Thomas Built Buses has been designing the toughest and most reliable school buses in North America. We put that experience to work to create a bus for childcare and activity centers, churches and service organizations that's one of the toughest Multi-Function School Activity Bus (MFSAB) vehicles on the road, yet one of the easiest to drive and own. Our specially trained dealers are equipped to help you find a bus you will feel confident with for years to come.
Safe transportation is our business, so you can rest assured with a MyBus by Thomas Built. It may be small, but it's packed with the safety features and rugged engineering standard on all our school buses. Unlike most passenger vans, MyBus is an MFSAB vehicle and meets the same Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) as school buses, but is not required to have stop arms or traffic control lights and, in most states, is not required to be yellow. A number of safety features are built right into MyBus:
- Steel cage body with one-piece, 14-gauge steel bow frames to provide greater strength in case of rollover
- 16-gauge aluminum side panels
- Double-profile, 12-gauge steel bumpers with a wraparound design to provide protection from side angles
- Emergency door and wide center aisle provides easy exit in emergencies
- Internal roof crash rails run the length of the bus for added structural strength
- Welded construction in key structural areas improves body integrity
- Comfortable, adjustable driver's seat and easy-to-read instrument panels
- Full-height, outward opening entrance door with padded door header
At Thomas Built we understand that buses are not your business. That's why we have highly trained dealers with the expertise you need to make your bus purchase simple and hassle-free. Our dealers are here to provide the tools you need to make an affordable and educated decision on safely transporting your passengers. MyBus was built with your needs in mind and meets all MFSAB standards, so you can feel confident purchasing from Thomas Built. After all, Thomas Built has been helping customers with their transportation needs since 1936.
When you purchase a MyBus from Thomas Built, you're getting a bus that's durable, reliable and, when the time comes, easy to repair. You're also becoming a member of the Thomas family. And, as a member of our family, we'll look out for you. We know that our success is driven by your success, and we've built a service and support organization designed to make you shine.
Your MyBus is built on a GM chassis and can be serviced conveniently at your local GM dealer. In addition, Thomas Built has factory-trained service personnel in every state and province to help you maintain the bus body. It is one of the most extensive customer service networks in North America, and gives you worry-free ownership.